This is strictly a blog about music, where I will review sounds and artists who I feel are dynamic and who are actually making heads turn whether it may be mainstream or my personal favorite underground yet well respected, I will do my best to showcase these artists. So, stick around and see what happens here on I like music Youdo2.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Beck Releases new single DREAMS!
Was Kanye right about Beck? Though Beck has been around for a while it seems like Kanye did him a huge favor bringing in a large amount of new fans just like how he did with Taylor Swift back in 2009 at the MTV VMA's. Let's face it, Kanye basically helped boost these two artists career by mocking them. Beck won a Grammy for best album of the year in February for his folk rock inspired album Morning Phase which was a new twist based on what original fans say. Now flash forward to this year, Beck is back to his old style Punk, with a dash of pop. Although I was never familiar with the artist before the Grammy's, I heard of his new release, Dreams and would have to say that it is refreshing. The track opens with heavy drums, tight guitar and has this upbeat melodic feel. Its a far cry from his album last year and this just proves that Beck can be a musician for almost every music lover. The track is disappointing to some of Beck's older fans because they feel that it is soulless and has a tainted indie feel that is trying to appeal to mainstream pop. Overall this track will draw in a lot more listeners and force them to become somewhat fans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment